Bruce Hallas interviews Rachel Lawes
Bruce Hallas is the owner of Marmalade Box, an innovative and progressive information security practice. He has a podcast called Rethinking The Human Factor and in each episode he interviews someone who’s famous for their expertise or unique perspective on human behaviour. In the episode linked here he interviews Dr Rachel Lawes of Lawes Consulting about semiotics – the signs and symbols that carry sometimes hidden meanings and that are present in every aspect of daily life.
Listen to this lively and wide-ranging discussion to find out:
– what semiotics is and how it is used in the private and public sectors
– how it can be used to change behaviour, including getting customers to switch brands
– why people are more involved with written language now than they have been within our lifetimes
– what you reveal about yourself by the way you physically handle your mobile phone
– why your gas and electricity bills are hard to understand
– why there’s a world of difference between advice and rights
– how to design products and marketing messages that will work globally and locally
– why the brand marks of the majority of successful companies are red, blue or black
– what contemporary art can reveal about the experience of supermarket shopping
The New Abnormal podcast Interview – Dr Rachel Lawes ‘Demystifying Semiotics – what it is and what it can do for you’
Listen to a podcast interview featuring the Dr Rachel Lawes where she talks about Bridezillas, Donald Trump, that guy who stormed Congress wearing a viking helmet, Labour MP Jess Phillips picking up litter and how to talk to the police. Aimed at marketers and anyone...
Advanced Thinking in Qualitative Research Masterclass 8 July 2021 Lawes are hosting an intensive virtual classroom course which is a one-day masterclass is for both agency-side and client-side researchers who have a thorough grounding in qualitative research and want...
If you work in marketing or market research, semiotics will change your career and then it will change your life.Using Semiotics in Marketing: How to achieve consumer insight for brand growth and profits, offers a complete handbook and guide to semiotic research...
#semiotics of #emotion. When people announce they're #happy, they're often trying to appear #normal. “When I started to look at emotion, specifically, I found that people were often using words such as disgust, happy, sad, devastated, in love, etc., and what I...
Lawes research shortlisted for Business Impact Award. A ground-breaking research project that we worked on with Narrative Health and MSD is shortlisted for the award 'Best Business Impact' at the recent BOBI awards. Other posts© 2019 Lawes Consulting. All rights...
Hey, #writers. Do you want to get the attention of people in #business? Here's how to tell #stories that get them to listen and then pay you to craft stories for their #brands and #marketing communications.Upcoming conference, 19th May [email protected] Consumer...