Semiotics is for everyone, and you can do semiotics whether you are a client-side or agency-side researcher.
is for everyone, and you can do semiotics whether you are a client-side or agency-side researcher. If you’re already an expert, here’s my philosophy: Semiotics
– Don’t hoard your knowledge. Share it. Be generous with it.
– Be transparent. There is no need for proprietary jargon. If you’re making up names for things, you’re on the wrong path.
– Charge the day rate that you know you are worth, BUT over-deliver and give away lots of things for free.
– Speak your truth. Only say things that you believe to be true. Clients can tell when you agree with everything they say out of a disingenuous desire to suck up to them.
– Relax. Be happy. You will do your best creative work when you are reasonably relaxed and content.
If semiotics is making you happy, spread it around to as many people as possible. Don’t build walls around it or try to hoard wealth. Let people in.
That’s all I have to say today. From the heart. hashtagsemiotics hashtagmarketing hashtagresearch hashtagmrx hashtagconsumerinsights hashtagshoppermarketing hashtagshopperinsights hashtagbranding hashtagadvertising Mo Kahwaji Bhavin Pabari Fiona Keyte Matthew Gladstone Amy Gilmore Ollie Gilmore Charlotte Soussan Asad Shaykh Daniel Sherrard Lily R. Lee Barber Ruth Chadwick rory hall Nicola Davies HOLLY CLANCEY Nick Harrington Mark Earls Fiona Blades Fiona Graham Steven Lacey Joanna Lepore Kim Einan George Tannenbaum Andre Le Roux Bruna Sperotto Kogan Page Jane Frost CBE Market Research Society (MRS)